DNA test kits have grown more readily accessible and cheap in recent years. What was previously an expensive scientific procedure may now be delivered directly to your house — for less than $100 in certain situations. Although these tests were initially employed as paternity tests or to solve crimes, the tests may now help you uncover your lineage, any health problems you could have down the road, and even relatives you may not know about. If you’re shopping for unique Christmas presents for people wishing to expand their family tree or receive a picture of their health, we’ve picked the best DNA test Dallas TX kit alternatives.
• Provides ancestry reports and DNA relative finding
• Easy to comprehend results
• Your DNA enters into a database containing five million individuals
• Expensive compared to other testing kits
• No information on how to lessen health risks if you’re prone to them
• 23andMe’s test kits may help you understand how the DNA sequences can affect your health’s future.
The kit may also look at your lifestyle characteristics to estimate the future of your health using things like lactose intolerance, muscle composition, caffeine usage, and alcohol flush response. In addition, the firm was the first at home DNA test kit recognized by the Federal Drug Administration as a screener for probable disorders.
Ancestry DNA Test
• Research assistance with family trees
• You can get your raw DNA data to utilize it with other sites.
• Testing for one’s health is less exhaustive.
• Additional fees are required to get access to Ancestry’s historical records.
Ancestry.com is well recognized for assisting individuals in discovering where they come from; however, the website also provides a comprehensive DNA test kit that may be of use in the historical study of your family. This DNA test kit includes information on your geographic origins from over 1,500 places and their number are increasing every day.
Imagine that you are researching the history of your family and that you have come upon an obstacle. If this is the case, the results of your DNA test may hint as to where else you may investigate further to get more information; hence, AncestryDNA is an ideal choice for those doing in-depth research into the history and origin of their family. They provide optimal solution of your all problems. Even while the firm does provide health screenings, they are less comprehensive than those offered by other companies, but they are sufficient for the work.
• Four plans
• You will have access to Group Projects to further your study of your family tree.
AncestryDNA is terrific if you have already dug into your family history; however, their privacy restrictions enable law enforcement to utilize their DNA data. It will also allow you to connect with relatives from the past five generations of your family tree. FamilyTreeDNA provides paternal and maternal ancestry kits, another outstanding feature of this company. These kits may be purchased if you have information missing in either of these branches of your family tree and wish to find it. They are recommended by most reliable sources. FamilyTreeDNA analyzes not only your family history but also your fitness, nutrition, bone and heart health, and sleep pattern and then provides you with personalized food and exercise regimens derived from your DNA test.
Proponents of Living DNA
• The starting expenditures are kept low while maintaining flexibility via add-on services.
• Does a fantastic job of ensuring the safety of all of the components of your data pros
• Analysis that is less comprehensive as compared to that of rivals
• Customers report that the firm overstates the time it takes to see results.
Living DNA is a good option for anybody concerned about their privacy and is on the fence about buying a DNA test kit. The organization maintains a detailed privacy statement on its website, in which it discusses the types of personally identifiable information it stores, the reasons why it does so, the uses to which it puts that information, and the precautions it takes to safeguard that information. Since Living DNA is situated in the United Kingdom and USA and is thus subject to the stringent norms and regulations of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), its privacy level is much superior to that of the other companies on our list.
When you get a test kit from Living DNA, you will receive exact information on your Ancestry in the form of 21 subregional DNA breakdowns derived from over 150 different places throughout the globe. In addition, the firm provides DNA health insights, such as how your body reacts to certain foods, proteins, vitamins, and exercise depending on your genetic composition.